Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Sesame Street Live!

Last Wednesday my friend Heather and I took our younger kids to see Sesame Street Live while the older ones were in school. Heather had been before and invited us to go. I have never taken the kids to something like this before. I've known tons of people that have taken their kids to whatever Live and they all talk about how much fun they had. I guess I was just thinking it was like taking the kids to see Thomas the train in person or riding the "Polar Express" at Christmas time.....you know, you pay tons of money to hop on a train, ride a few minutes down the track, stop, put the train in reverse and ride back to where you came from.....in my opinion a total waste of money....although the kids like it, but I've just always expected more for what you pay for with those type things. So needless to say I was a tad hesitant about the whole Sesame Street Live production. Y'all, I couldn't have been any more wrong! It was wonderful! Now, I grew up doing theatre and I LOVE LOVE LOVE me some Broadway shows so I have pretty high expectations. And I must say that the Big Bird, Cookie, Elmo and crew totally blew my expectations away! It was a great show. I was amazed at how well those dancers could move in those suits! They were awesome! We will definitely be hitting some more of those shows next time they come around! The kids had a blast! They were just taking it all in the first few songs but after a few they jumped right up and were dancing along. Of course Elmo was our favorite part. And since I don't do stuff like that with the kids very often we went all out and bought concessions to boot! Kind of like the first time you go to NYC and you want to buy the souvenir program for every show you see, ha! Well, we came away with some Elmo loot and a $10 balloon! I drew my line at the balloon when the guy told me they were $10! I said, for $10 we'll take turns sharing the balloon, and they did. Here's it in pics:
Getting ready for the show to start:

I didn't snap pics for the first song or two b/c I was too busy watching it! But here are a few:



They did a big surf number that the whole crowd LOVED! The best part was before this but I was too busy dancing with the kids to snap then.



This was a big parade number that was awesome:





And after the show was over:
So if your kids like Sesame Street and it's coming close to you you should totally spend the money and go see it. And my philosophy is if you're going to see a show, see a show....get the good seats!

1 comment:

  1. I am totally with you on that comment. If you are going to go.. get the good seats and enjoy. Kids are adorable and looks like you all had a blast.

    ReplyDelete