Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Bye Bye Baby

Bed that is! A few days ago I took the plunge and put the girls big girl beds together. It took me a long time to get to this. I've had the beds since August (after a long deliberation on which ones to buy) and it's now November....procrastinate much? I still have the cribs up for now but we're saying goodbye to them soon, real soon. I'm feeling cramped in there with four beds in one room so they are coming down in the next day or so.


The girls love their big girl beds so much and I think they turned out looking great! Here's a look when you walk in the room:
Mary Collins picked the bed closest to the door, which is good b/c she's usually the early bird.


And Margaret Ann's bed is closest to the windows:


All the walls upstairs are painted yellow and I was dreading putting their stuff in there b/c I just knew I'd have to paint their room pink (I hate to paint). But I actually think that the yellow is okay in there so I'm leaving it.

These pictures are kinda yellowy looking. Their bedding is really green and pink.


MC's first night in her big girl bed:

My thumb-sucker -- MA:

They've slept in their big beds since I've put them up but somebody falls out almost every night. I never put any rails on any of my kids' beds but I'm thinking I may go purchase some for them so I can take those cribs down and not worry about them falling out of the bed.
In other news I've been sewing. I made these outfits for the girls last night. I think they turned out pretty cute:
And them modeling them this morning:
Bed-head models, gotta love it!

3 comments:

  1. Love that you're sewing. I wish you would come and inspire me. I love the girls' rooms too...their bedding is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! You are so crafty! Love the outfits. You are doing wonderful!
    I love their bedroom stuff too. I didn't do the safety rails either. They fell out a few times, but overall, did well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on the outfits! They are super cute!! Love their room, too!

    ReplyDelete