Friday, November 5, 2010

A Real Post

This is a real post, not playing catch-up! Can you believe it? I can't. Anyway, our new house is on a lake. It's actually some wildlife reserve/refuge/something like that for a few different animals...don't ask me which ones. I have no idea. Anyway, I've been feeding catfish in my backyard. These catfish:

There are windows all on the back of the house and here's what I look at from my kitchen:
See that box on a stick out there? That's a wood duck box. They nest there every year. I have been waiting on them to get here since we moved in! I cannot wait to have babies!

See those specks out there? Those are ducks! There were six ducks in my backyard this morning! I was so excited! They weren't wood ducks. They were some other kind of duck. I don't care what kind they are personally. But anyway, when I saw them I got so excited that I called my mom to tell her. I couldn't even think of what ducks ate at the moment (sad, I know) so my mom told me bread.....mom's are so smart! So I ran to the pantry and retrieved the bread and ran out to feed them. At first they were scared of me so I threw the bread out and walked back to the house. Then they started toward the bread, slowly. Well, before they could get to it the catfish attacked it! I didn't know catfish ate bread but apparently mine do. So I went up to get some catfish food and threw it out there and went back in for some more bread. Well, I came back out and the ducks were munching on the catfish food so I threw them out some more bread and they swam away from me again and the catfish ate it up again before they made it back to it. But they stayed in my yard all day sunning in my back yard and have finally mosied on down two houses down and are sunning on their dock. But I'll be back tomorrow to see if I can get them to come eat again, that is if my catfish don't get to it first, stingy little boogers!

No comments:

Post a Comment