Friday, October 9, 2009

What Have We Been Up To Lately?

In talking to my mom several times this week she's casually mentioned that I haven't updated my blog lately. So what have we been doing lately? Hmmmmm......what have we been doing lately? Well I can tell you what I HAVEN'T been doing lately and that is cleaning my house. In fact that's what I'm supposed to be doing today but instead I'm typing this post. I tell ya, if procrastination is really an art then just call me Picasso, seriously.

So both the boys went to the pumpkin patch this week at school. It was nasty and rainy both days for them, the only difference being on Wednesday when William went the high was in the low 60's and Thursday when Charlie went it was close to 90. Can you say sick? We're not though. We are all well as of now, though the swine flu has been going around at Charlie's school. But we'll just not think about that right now and pray the good Lord protects us from coming down with anything like that.

Now I know it's almost the middle of October but I have still not put out my fall decorations. I know, I'm a total slacker. The good thing is that I have "fall" decorations and not "Halloween" decorations so they can totally adorn my front porch until it's time to switch them out for Christmas decorations. So one reason I haven't done it yet is b/c I was waiting on the boys to go pumpkin patching so I could have their pumpkins for my decorations. I told them, "Boys make sure you get the biggest pumpkin you can find," trying to make it sound real cool. Honestly, I was just thinking it would be two less things I'd have to buy for my decor. Well, obviously they thought I was kidding. Look at what they brought home with them:
The one on the left is Charlie's and the one on the right is William's. Now, William's school payed for them to go pumpkin patching but I had to send $6 for Charlie to go. Does that look like a $6 pumpkin to you? I don't think so. Oh well, Good thing I've been scoping pumpkins out and have found some pretty cheap ones at Walmart. I'll go pick those up later tonight. And when I'm finished decorating I'll post about that too.

The girls have been riding their Daddy's bucking bronco (aka his leg) a lot lately. I had to gently remind him that they are girls and girls are like delicate flowers, they break easily. I had this talk after this:
That's Margaret's carpet-burned nose where she fell off the bronco. Actually they were trying to ride at the same time and they both fell off and Clayton couldn't catch them fast enough. Hence I had the delicate flower talk with him and they both decided they had had enough of the bronco for a while. Eventually they have decided to resaddle the bronco but he has chilled out A LOT since he was gently reminded that they weigh closer to 15lbs than 20, ha!
Our teeth have been growing a lot lately. Check out Mary Collins' two front teeth. Can you say braces anyone? Maybe when her permanent teeth come in they'll close up the gap. I'm not hanging my hat on it though b/c this is supposedly a McCoy trademark. Poor girls.....

Henry is just being Henry. He still refuses to tell me when he needs to go "potty." I'm seriously starting to look into some potty training "boot camp" material. I mean seriously, it's time!!! The book fair is next week at William's school and I'm going in search of a potty book for him. I'm running out of things to try here. If they don't have one I'm sure Walmart does. He still is the cutest thing I've ever seen though:

We've been wearing tights lately! My girls, they love them a dress. And we've bought tights in every color they come in I think to get ready for winter. These dresses haven't been washed yet so they're still a little big but we got them at Walmart for $3 to just wear around. Mary Collins has stolen Henry's Spiderman.....watch out girl!
Margaret is thinking it's time for a snack maybe?
These three love hanging out together during the school day:During said school day we have been getting out quite a bit lately. Now, I'm not great at much but if shopping were an Olympic sport I would have a gold medal! Can I tell you how much I LOVE having girls? They are so much fun to shop for and they really like to shop too! They LOVE trying on clothes in the stores and modeling! This week we have found lots of good stuff including our winter Sunday shoes:
This picture doesn't do them justice. But they're a little black pattened leather Mary Jane. The best part is they run a little small and they are narrow so I was able to go with the 4 instead of the 3 and they actually have some growing room so they should last all season for sure. They had to wear them today even though we're just hanging out at home in comfy clothes so mama can clean house. I tried to tell them they didn't really go with pink comfy cotton pants and ballerina t-shirts but they wouldn't listen to me. And honestly, from the looks of the wardrobe hanging in my closet right now, what do I know anyway? One day I'll shop for me but right now I'm having too much fun buying for the kids!
We've also been doing a lot of playing and laughing and enjoying each other lately. See Margaret's smile?

And Mary Collins sweet little self:
In case you haven't been little girl shopping lately ballerinas are really "in" this year, which I LOVE b/c I was a dancer for years, even in college! We have ballerina night gowns, pj's and just recently we scored these cute ballerina t-shirts from Carters:



Now if I only had these two to put in a Christmas card picture I'd for sure be able to get a "winner"! But since we have to add those three rambunctious boys into the mix of things I have my work cut out for me for sure. I better get to practicing SOON!
And that's pretty much what we've been up to lately. Now it's time for me to go clean my filthy house while I have some nappers! TTFN, Ta Ta For Now! (We've been watching some Winnie the Pooh lately. Can you tell?)

3 comments:

  1. My have they grown! Been missing you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed all your new pictures. To me Henry is Clay made over. I wish I had his hair. The girls have really grown since we saw them this summer. I can't tell them apart from the pictures.

    ReplyDelete