Saturday, October 10, 2009

Game Day

Today soccer was canceled b/c the fields were so wet from all the rain we've had this week, woohoo! Don't get me wrong...I love soccer and all but it tends to interfere with some football watching. But not today. Wishing we were in Oxford (even though we would probably not be sitting together) we opted to watch the game instead. And I've just got two words to say: ROLL TIDE!!!!! This is the only game of the season we cheer apart. While Ole Miss had a mighty fine display of defense holding Alabama to 5 field goals, in the end the Crimson Tide came home with the big win! And Clayton and I were able to watch the whole game in the same room. There was only once instance where I almost left to go upstairs to finish the game when Clayton told me, "Don't get mad b/c I'm an Ole Miss fan and you're a traitor!" Now my alma mater will always have a special place in my heart and I will cheer on the Rebs every game of the season except this one. And that is where I have to say that I will always bleed Crimson!

So I dressed the boys in their game day attire compliments of Meme (thanks Meme!) and the girls in school colors to show team spirit even though I knew the Tide would pull through for me and win! Here's our home team:

And here's a typical take of all five:
Do you see William's face? I mean how am I going to get a good Christmas card shot? Lord, help me! Clayton and I are eager to get the kids in the bed and watch the FL/LSU game on primetime! It's sure to be a game full of action! I'm pulling for FL just so it will give AL a better chance of making it to Atlanta in December! ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!! Happy Saturday everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Am not crazy about their game day attire but they look adorable. I was rooting for the Tide as well and must say I was not surprised Old Myth lost. I think Alabama is the best team in the SEC and possibly the country. I am afraid they are going to beat my GATORS! Go Gators!!!!! I know they are going to beat my Dogs but just hope we can play them a closer game than the Rebs did. Go Dawgs!

    ReplyDelete