Tuesday, October 27, 2009

An Ironing Revelation

Here are my three little turkeys that I get to hang out with all day:
Henry's face cracks me up!
See this sweet little dress?
It actually caused me to have an ironing revelation the other day. It's just a little aline corduroy jumper with a pink flower applique on it. I saw it in Carters on sale a few weeks ago and I just thought it was the cutest thing. It actually looks adorable with hot pink leggins but I put brown on first and was too lazy to change them into the pink ones after I decided they were the better choice. But that's really beside the point. Anyway, when I washed them they were in a bad shape. Let me just fill you in on a little secret: I DON'T IRON. I mean I really don't iron very much at all. I really am not good at it. My mom has always told me that I iron more wrinkles in than I iron out. I really avoid buying clothing that has to be ironed. I mean if it washes up good then it gets an A+ in my book! I've never bought any soft corduroy like this before so I didn't know it really wouldn't wash up good, like not at all. So I attempted to iron the jumper so the girls could wear them.....and quite frankly I did iron more wrinkles in than out, or so it seemed to me. And then I saw some buttons on my iron. I have two buttons side by side. One of them looks like little dotted lines for a stream of water I guess. I've used this before when I didn't want to use spray starch on one of my shirts. But then I saw another button right beside it that had a picture of a cloud on it. Y'all, it is for steaming! And let me tell you, when I pushed that little cloud it made all the wrinkles in that corduroy just disappear! It was like magic! I don't know how it works on other fabrics b/c that's the first time I've used it but it sure did work wonders on this little jumper!

On a totally unrelated note I have made three batches of these in the last week:
YUMMMMMM!!!!!

2 comments: