Sunday, August 23, 2009

Weekend Wrap-up

This is my second attempt at this post b/c the Internet hates me tonight. Anyway, this weekend was tax free shopping in Texas. I had every intent of getting our school shopping done on Friday early while some were still at work but that didn't happen. Thursday night we had some thunderstorms in our area. Now normally I sleep great through storms but storms in Texas are LOUD! The thunder woke me up and I could not go back to sleep. Good thing b/c the thunder woke Henry up too and he ended up in our bed. After spending some quality time running my fingers through his hair at 3:00 a.m. he was still interested in one thing: watching Thomas. So back to his bed we went. About 20 minutes later we got another round of storms and Henry ended back up in our bed. We both crashed and I finally managed to get a few hours of sleep on the 1/2 inch of space I had in my bed. I felt like a zombie on Friday so needless to say, I accomplished next to nothing. We did make it to Dicks to pick up the boys soccer goods for this season. Saturday Charlie had his first soccer practice. Here he is taking a water break:
B/c he did a lot of this:
and this:
This is our first soccer experience. I asked Charlie how he liked it and he said he liked it and he said he liked it but it made his legs hurt real bad. I told him he'd get used to it. William has his first practice on Tuesday so we'll see if it makes his legs hurt real bad too. That afternoon the boys and I went to Old Navy and Famous Footwear and scored some new school shoes, some jeans and some rockin superhero t-shirts for fall. Sunday after church and lunch we laid the three youngsters down for a nap and the boys and I headed to the outlet mall to finish up our tax-free shopping. Well, we might as well have been in Oxford on LSU game day trying to park an hour and a half before kickoff! I mean they had security guards directing traffic at the outlets! I have never seen so many people shopping in one place at one time. It was worse than the mall on Christmas Eve or the day before! CRAZY! Anyway, we ended up picking up a few more pair of jeans and some more tees for fall. I don't know that the whole tax free savings were totally worth it but it sure was a good excuse to shop!

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like complete craziness. Can you believe people go so bananas over a few pennies?

    ReplyDelete