Thursday, August 27, 2009

Check out our Walmart Finds

We had to run in Walmart today to pick up some bleach for reasons you don't want to know about. Let's just say I'm in deep cleaning mode b/c I have to be. Anyway, while we were there we picked up a few other things...diapers, etc. And they had these sandals on sale for $7.50 a pair....that's $15 bucks for both girls. I haven't been able to find them any shoes so far b/c their feet are small and extremely skinny like mine. And I've tried everything. They can't wear any of the cute shoes in their size...pediped, see kai run, nope not even the Robeez. Although all my other children had those before they could walk I just can't see paying $30 for some socks that will make their feet sweat in the summer just to say they have some shoes. These have velcro straps on the toe part and the ankle strap and while they're not a perfect fit they'll do for now. Plus they pitched a fit over them. They really wanted a yellow pair just like these only where these are pink gingham the others were a very pale yellow which I liked better too but they only had one pair of size 3s so we got the pink. Plus it will be fall soon and I'm hoping their feet will hit a growth spurt and they'll be able to keep a pair of white t-strap Keds on by then (I'm keeping my fingers crossed at least!) Anyway, I didn't think the checkout lady could scan those babies fast enough. I had to take off the tags and put those on right in the checkout line. Then they wanted to get out and try them out. Well, I had to veto that one and since we're home those shoes have already walked at least 1/2 mile I'm guessing! They love them. Bless their hearts! Maybe one day they'll fit into some real shoes! By the way, this is Margaret Ann modeling and I must say she is looking like a mini Clayton today!

1 comment: