Friday, September 25, 2009

You Can Run, But You Can't Hide

It has finally happened to us........

This morning I was awoken by a child at the side of my bed before my alarm even went off. We all know what's going through my mind.......this is not going to be pretty! Charlie had come to tell me William had had an accident (he was simply the messenger) so up I jumped and headed upstairs.

Now just to give you a head's up. I was up half the night spending some quality time in the bathroom. In fact I was even napping on a pile of dirty clothes on our bathroom floor in between pit stops. My nose also suddenly stopped up so bad I thought I was going to suffocate so I was thinking, "maybe I ate something I'm allergic to." Anyway, time passed and somewhere in the wee hours of the morning I made it to bed and felt like I might make it to see the sun another day. Surprisingly this morning when Charlie made it to my bedside I felt completely normal as if I'd had 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep. (I'm sure it will hit me in a few more hours)

Anyway, upstairs I find a holy mess and let's just say me and the bleach spent some quality time together early this morning, my washing machine will be going full force until I sleep tonight, and Clayton had to do some major pitching in this morning for our morning routine. So far no one else has been affected or they don't seem to be. The girls are down for a nap, Henry is watching Cars, Charlie is at school, and William is starting to get a little color back in his face.

In case you haven't caught on yet we have been struck by the stomach bug. I guess it was more like a virus I caught last night than an allergy, ha! I didn't have it near as bad as William. He's got double trouble but seems to be better right now. I keep waiting to hear the phone ring and school be on the other end for me to pick Charlie up....maybe not (my fingers are crossed at least!) Come to think of it, William and I were really the only ones to eat a whole lot at supper last night. (it was just me and the kids b/c Clayton wasn't back in town from his meeting yet) Maybe we got something bad in the food. I guess only time will tell.

FYI: We ate tacos for supper last night. Yeah, I know you probably really didn't want that information but you got it anyway.

Kroger Taco Kit, you know how fond I am of you. No hard feelings, but it's going to be a long while before you grace the shelves of my pantry again. Until then.........

1 comment:

  1. Bless your heart. Hope y'all feel better soon! We have definitely had our fair share of the bug at our house lately.

    ReplyDelete