Friday, April 16, 2010

Why Mommies Should Be in Charge of Haircuts

So Charlie's been asking to get his hair cut for a few weeks now. He said it was getting hard to see. He said he wanted his bangs cut shorter and wanted the sides and the back shaved. I was reluctant but said ok. He was in need and so Clayton took him with him along with Henry who was also in need of a cut. William opted out and since he got a really short cut the last two times he's been and his hair grows remarkably slower than the others so I obliged and let him stay home with me. Clayton let Charlie tell the girl exactly what he wanted. When the boys made it home they were eager to show off their new do's. Henry was so proud. Charlie hid in the garage to surprise me and surprise me he did. I wanted to cry when I say my first born with a big boy (too short for me) haircut. He likes it. But I'm going to figure out a way to gently introduce him to "my hair limitations" For instance, he has enough hair for about five people. It's extremely thick. It needs to have some (not a ton) but some length on the top to sort of "weigh it down" a bit so it doesn't stick up everywhere. Or if you like the sticking up look it needs to be cut a lot shorter than it is now so he can do a spike look. He doesn't want it spiked (thank God)! So here's my big boy before school yesterday. Clayton had to gel it down so it wasn't standing up everywhere. Thank goodness his hair grows extremely fast so in a few weeks it should be some better. All in all though it's not just terrible. I like it a little longer myself though. These pictures do not truly reflect the cut b/c his hair is wet and geled here. When it dries all that thick hair expands a lot!




Where did my baby go?

On the other hand, I think Henry's cut is adorable:



But I'm a fan of longer hair. Charlie says he can see better now, ha!

1 comment:

  1. I am with you on the long hair. I love my boys hair long. I would be too scared to let Caley take them for a cut.

    ReplyDelete