Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Here Comes Peter Cottontail

We had a wonderful Easter this year! We got all dolled up in our Easter best for church (which I have no pictures of as usual) went out for lunch and hunted eggs all afternoon. I said I wasn't going to to buy the girls "Easter" dresses this year b/c nobody really dresses up for church here. Most people wear jeans and stuff (weird, I know) but I broke down and bought them some anyway. Only b/c they happened to be the ones I've been looking to buy for them since last year and lucked up and found two in the same store. They are so sweet, little pink Bow Peep smocked dresses! I'll have to dress them back up and take pictures to post. Henry had to wear a blue Stratsburg outfit which he was not happy about. All Clayton could do to console him was say, "this is the last year buddy." Thanks a lot hun! Clayton thinks after three years old they are exempt from any kind of smocking, etc. Which I totally would have vetoed had we not had us some girls. They boys just wore pastel polos and khakis this year. I wore an old dress I bought when my mom was in town a while back. Not that anyone really cares what we were wearing. But anyway, we were all kinda tired b/c Saturday we went house hunting and didn't get home until late. After church we didn't want to fight a crowd so we opted for Mooyah burgers and fries for lunch. Their menu consists of burger, hot dog, grilled cheese, fries....that's it. Anyway, it was good and everyone was nice and grease-stained afterwards. Henry dropped off a load in his pants and all over his outfit and essentially that's why I have no pictures of us in church clothes. I'm not organized enough to take them before church, that's way too complicated for me. We had a rest after lunch and then hunted eggs all afternoon. Here are some pics from the hunt:























I know our yard is real purty. I had Clayton refrain from mowing the weeds so we'd have more places to hide eggs. And although all that egg business is lots of fun and my kids love them some candy I'm so thankful for the true reason we celebrate Easter, because of Jesus' sacrifice so that we can LIVE! HE IS RISEN! HE IS RISEN INDEED! We serve a LIVING God!

2 comments:

  1. Okay--- so funny- you are so using that little tiles slide as a ladder to the trampoline aren't you!!!!!!! Hahahahaaa

    ReplyDelete