Tuesday, April 6, 2010

TK Easter Party

I branched out from my comfort zone this year and signed up for the Easter party at William's school. I usually always sign up for the Christmas party b/c I was under some illusion that it was the "easy" party. I was soooo surprised at how easy the Easter party was....even easier than Christmas! Excuse my pictures....they're in the wrong order, backwards.....I know you're surprised. Anyway, I made a bunny cake for the party instead of cupcakes, per my son's request and made some iced sugar cookies for their goodie bags. I didn't take pictures of them b/c I was so give out after making them I didn't even attempt to reach for the camera. They turned out really cute but next time I'll head straight to the bakery b/c they're worth every single penny you pay for them. Although I doubt they taste as good as mine. Anyway, the party was a huge success. The egg hunt took up a lot of time and since we were going to be outside anyway I opted for relay races instead of a craft. See, I told you this party was easier than the Christmas one! We had sack races, three-legged races, egg-spoon races, and wheelbarrow races. By the way, watching a bunch of five year olds doing a wheelbarrow race is HILARIOUS! In fact, I was laughing so hard I forgot to snap a pic!


Here's William sack racing:
And racing with his egg on the spoon:

And hunting eggs:

And eating lunch (chick-fil-a nuggets and fruit, yum!) Henry was an honorary member of the class (Clayton took the girls home for their nap)
My bunny cake:



From now on I'm always signing up for the Easter party and praying for good weather for outside games, so fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment