Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Christmas Roadtripin' 2009: A Recap

The day after Christmas we loaded up the van and headed to Baldwyn for Christmas with Clayton's family. The kids had such a great time playing with their cousin McCoy. They got lots of gifts and had a big time. Charlie's favorite gift was a bb gun that Aunt Susan brought over from Mamaw's house that used to either be hers or one Papaw used to have. You'd have thought she had brought over a million dollars. McCoy had his bb gun there too so they were hunters. They didn't kill anything but they were so cute sitting out there with their guns. I am so ashamed I didn't even get my camera out of the car. I did snap a few with Amy's camera though but don't have them. But in short there was lots of food, family, and fun. Oh, Susan and I went and saw It's Complicated at the movies one night and it was the funniest movie I've seen in forever. I highly recommend it for adults only. I laughed out loud throughout the entire movie. Meryl Streep was wonderful as usual.

Tuesday afternoon we loaded up and headed down to Dothan. We got there, ate supper, and the kids were wanting to tear into the gifts.....so we did. The kids had another big Christmas at Nana and Pa's house. I got to see both of my grandmothers and spend some time with them. I also got to spend a little time with my cousin Kelly which is always a treat. She has two kids and Harris and my boys are like a bunch of peas in a pod. They LOVE playing together. And Anna Chayse and the girls are only three weeks apart in age. They are going to be good friends I'm sure when they get a little older. I am ashamed again that I did not really take any pictures. These I snapped one afternoon when Clayton told me to come take a picture of them all lined up to play a game of front yard football with a tire/ball toy that Henry picked out at Toys R Us when Nana took them one afternoon b/c they clearly had not gotten enough for Christmas, ha! They just ate it up. That's what Nana's are for she'd say I'm sure. Look at Henry's little butt up in the air!



We had a great time visiting both of our families. We love getting to spend time at our childhood homes. But as much as we love it let me just tell you.........after 12 1/2 hours of riding in the car with five kids and eating out three meals........my bed never felt so good Saturday night!
Sunday I spent the day taking down Christmas. This year I put it all up by myself (even though it took me 2 weeks) and I took it down all by myself too. It was a J-O-B. I'm sure Clayton was thinking, "this is my kind of decorating!" He was busy getting ready for a meeting while I undecorated but I did recruit him to help me put the last big box up in the attic b/c it was too heavy for me to lift by myself. Now I'm trying to tackle the laundry and clean up my pigsty of toys left by the hurricane named Santa that came to our house. I may never finish! We're back in the swing of things though.....kids are back in school and me and the three musketeers are loading up to head to the grocery store so we can have a home-cooked meal for supper tonight......mmmmmmmm

1 comment:

  1. Looks like y'all had a great Christmas. Hope you had a wonderful New year as well! Miss y'all!

    ReplyDelete