Friday, January 29, 2010

18 Month Checkup

This week was the girls' 18 month checkup. Here's how they measured up:



Margaret Ann:

weight: 17 lbs, 5 oz (0%)

height: 30 1/4 in (12 %)



Mary Collins:

weight: 17 lbs (0%)

height: 30 1/4 in (12 %)



And I had their head measurement but Clayton took one of the papers for a grocery list and I haven't seen it since. They were under the 20% mark though, which all of our kids have been. I guess we all have peanut heads, ha! Anyway, the girls are still small but healthy. They are just a growing. In fact, it seems that last night they went to sleep and this morning they woke up and all their clothes are too short.....not too big just too short. Bummer.......I was really hoping all those 6-9 month outfits would last until warm weather......oh, well.....gives me an excuse to go shopping and find some stuff on sale (they may just not match b/c it's H.A.R.D. to find two of things, especially when they go on sale). All I can say is me and my Christmas present are fixing to become real acquainted (my parents got me a sewing machine) b/c kids who need 6 month sizes for their weight and 12 or sometimes 18 month sizes for their heighth.........Lord, have mercy on me and let me just take right to sewing like I've been doing it my whole life (even though I've hardly ever touched a sewing machine and most certainly did NOT take home economics--a decision I am starting to regret the later in my life it gets and my mother can totally say, "I told you so" b/c she really tried to persuade me to do so in high school to which I thought I was way too cool for such and opted out.) Wow, was that like the longest run-on sentence in history?



Anyway, my new prize came equipped with a DVD and I'm planning on opening the baby up this weekend and try my hand at trying to sew a straight seam in some fabric I guess. Wish me luck!



The girls are starting to turn into chatter boxes although you can't really understand them all the time. But every so often they say something real plain just like you and me. They are into everything and right now their favorite pasttime is climbing on the table and making the biggest mess you've ever seen if they happen to find anything on said table to get into. Needless to say my number one priority right now is cleaning the table off IMEDIATELY...sometimes even before everyone is finished eating. What can I say? I'm just trying to save my sanity a little. The girls and I are ready for warm weather for sure. I've started picking them up dresses for spring/summer here and there and they are dying to wear them! They go pick them out of the closet almost everyday, especially Margaret Ann. From the looks of the weather today spring is nowhere near though. What was all this talk about all this global warming business? It's FREEZING here! BRRRRRR......

2 comments:

  1. You make me feel so much better! My MM is 17 lbs at 14 months so I'm glad to know we're not the only ones in this boat. Both girls had their 6-9 month dresses on today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm ready for some warmer weather too. Besides, spring and summer clothes are so much cuter. MA and MC just know all about fashion already!

    ReplyDelete