Tuesday, November 17, 2009

My Girl

Well, I have been busy lately.....see, I'm posting this almost a week late......Anyway, Clayton was out of town last week for a meeting in Indianapolis. On Wednesday after we finished making our Batman turkeys I loaded up all the kids and headed to the Galleria. This was my first time going to the Galleria. I've passed it several times going here and going there but quite frankly I've just never had the time to tackle it. And I by no means tackled it last week but I got a glimpse of the good stuff, oh yes, ma'am I did!

It's almost smack dab in the middle of Dallas right off the Tollway and it just looks BIG. Well, that's because it is BIG. The entire mall, not just the department stores, is THREE stories......yes, you heard me right......THREE entire stories of shopping. Surely I must be dreaming.....someone pinch me! Now I just strolled down part of it and didn't even see a third of it I'm sure but I LOVED it. It has all the big fancy stores like Versace and all that but then it also has tons of normal stuff too like Gap and Old Navy. The Nordstom kids shoe department alone was totally worth the drive. It only took me 30 minutes from driveway to parking garage in traffic to get there too and I didn't speed! Right in the middle of the mall is an ice rink and in the center of the ice rink is a GINORMOUS Christmas tree. I would compare it to the tree at Rockefeller Center, it's that big. It sits in the center of the ice and is as tall as the third story of the mall. I am so totally going back to take pictures after the Thanksgiving break. It was glorious!

Since I've been all busy Belle has been all lonely. Now, she's my girl....where I go she goes almost always. Sadly she could not make the Galleria trip and that night when I was checking email she was giving me the guilt trip. If you look up from my computer you see this:


So the next few days she did lots of this:
That's her stuffed duck which she loves. She's loved it so much I've had to sew it back up twice.

William also loves playing with Belle and the duck:

I know it's crazy to be so fond of a dog......I'm guilty though......she's my girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment