Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Artist Reception

We got a letter a few weeks back that a piece of Charlie's artwork had been chosen to be showcased this month at the MISD Central Office. They had a reception for the featured artists tonight. At first Charlie just thought we were going to school for a school thing but when I told him that this was an honor and not everyone's art got picked, just a few, he just beamed with pride. We are so proud of our little budding artist!
I just love his piece. I can't wait to get it home at the end of the month so I can frame it and adorn my bare walls with it!
Henry had to get in on the action of the camera as well. Just look at that face!
I forget the name of the artist they studied when doing these pieces.....it was someone I've never heard of (which isn't that unusual; I'm not an art buff by any means). We really enjoyed walking around and looking at everyone's art. They had some amazing stuff there from some of the high schools too that were really good. But I have to say my favorite was my Charlie's piece! (I'm not at all biased here!)

2 comments: