Monday, April 25, 2011

Spring Break Recap

Hello Blog.  Spring Break came and went round these parts and here's what we were up to.  We split the week between families.  We hit Clayton's up first.  We all met at Aunt Susan & Uncle Walt's house.  They live south of Jackson, MS in a little town called Mendenhall.  They live out in the country and have tons of land.  They farm chickens for Sanderson Farms.  They are also avid hunters.  Since turkey season was in Susan and I took the boys turkey hunting.  Here we are all geared up and ready to hunt us a turkey:

 McCoy, William & Charlie:

 
 Ready to go:
 Y'all, we sat down in the woods and waited and waited on those turkeys and didn't see nar a one.  We heard some a couple of times but they never did come around to find us.  When we first went out to a field on the gator we saw a turkey standing in the field and what did I do?  Exactly what you're not supposed to do.  I yelled, look, look boys!  There's a turkey!  And off he flew!  I'm such a good hunter....can't you tell?  I don't think I could really ever kill anything.....I brought my camera to shoot him with, should we get so lucky to see one!  We did not get so lucky though.

So we headed to check on the baby chicks.  Here's what you see when you open the door to one of the chicken houses:
 William holding a chick:
 The girls loving on each other:

We also set some traps and attempted to catch us a coon.  All we caught was a possum.  I let him go.  He didn't act like he was gonna leave the cage at first but he eventually ran on off.

Then we headed on to Dothan and spent time playing at Nana & Pa's house.  Sadly, I took not a picture.  But we had lots of fun.  The girls got their first haircuts, compliments of Aunt Gloria!  She did a WONDERFUL job!  They look so cute!  She just bobbed it off and got them all evened up around the bottom.  And my cousin Haley discovered that my girls have VERY curly hair.  She added some mouse and wet them up and they looked like Shirley Temple!  Clayton and I grabbed a movie one night, always a treat!  All in all we had a pretty amazing Spring Break!

No comments:

Post a Comment