Monday, May 4, 2009

Such a Typical Day

A typical day for a stay-at-home mother of five:

We hit the ground running and didn't slow down all day long. After getting Charlie off to school the fun began at home...Feeding, eating, cleaning up mess, changing diapers, playing, naps, feeding, eating, cleaning up mess, changing diapers, playing, and so on and so on. We were suppossed to have a play date with our neighbors across the way but Shelle and I played phone tag and before I knew it the day had totally flown by and I hadn't been to the grocery store (once again). So it was time for my daily exercise regime of strolling the girls with the younger two boys and Belle (our dog) up the block to pick Charlie up from school. Although I realize that I should up the annie on the exercise regime if I intend to get my body into a swimsuit of any kind before the end of the summer I decided that would have to wait until another day.

So this is the part of our day where the fun really begins. I guess Charlie has a lot of bottled up energy from being in school for seven straight hours and William and Henry just tend to follow suite. The kids act like they haven't seen each other in a year and are totally bouncing off the walls literally. As the saying goes, "boys will be boys" and mine are NO EXCEPTION! We go from wrestling to wrestling to wrestling until I can't take it anymore and stop the madness only to have it start back up the minute I take my eyes off of them.....fun times indeed!

After homework and supper I had some sweet helpers to load the dirty dishes after we finished eating! I'm guessing they'll not be so eager to help with the dishes in about ten more years! Are they not adorable! I could just eat them up!


Since the boys were in full force as usual and Henry vetoed his nap this afternoon we attempted to be early to bed. The boys had a "mohawk party" in the tub and they thought it was hilarious! They were pretty darn cute if I do say so myself. Of course I'm not biased or anything:)



I'm getting everyone ready for bed and I'm blow-drying Charlie's hair (by the way, he has enough for about five people) and I get a look at this:


So upon totally freaking out, I mean questioning the Kindergartener about "what in the world happened to your hair!?!" I discovered that he cut it at school! What is it with kids and scissors? It's like they are obsessed with using them on apparently EVERYTHING. "But I didn't tell the teacher," he added. (I don't know if that was suppossed to make it all better or what) So I told him I was going to talk to his teacher tomorrow and he totally lost it and told me he would lose a bead off of his necklace (reward system type thingy) if I told. Anyway, we agreed I'd not tell if he promised to never cut his hair again. We'll see if the fear sticks, ha!
Since he has TONS of hair it not very noticeable if you brush his hair over:

Well, that's today. Who knows what tomorrow will hold. I can only promise this: There's sure to never be a dull moment!
Love,
April

1 comment:

  1. Hey, girl--Colin and I agreed that just reading that made us tired. HA! I only though two kids under the age of three was taxing. :) I'm so glad that you started a blog. I can't believe Charlie is in Kindergarten. Miss you guys, but I'm glad that we get to keep up this way.

    ReplyDelete