Monday, February 21, 2011

Ode to Love

Wow, where did the week go last week?  Let's see, this is week 2.5 of flying solo for me.  You see, we are in the midst of meeting cycle....oh joy.  Clayton was in Indianapolis for half a week, in Phoenix last week and flew out for Orlando before the sun came up this morning.  He came home from Phoenix with a flu-like virus and was literally in bed all weekend.  Of course, all the kids have been sick this week as well.  I thought they got the flu but luckily everybody is fine...snotty but fine.  Of course who isn't snotty right now?  It's like 50 something in the morning, high 70s in the afternoon and humid humid humid.....a recipe for sinus disaster if I ever heard one.  And it does not look to be letting up anytime soon.  This week promises to be more of the same.  I know people think I am insane but I could live in the middle of summer year-round I think.  Give me 90 degrees a pair of shorts, a tank top and a pair of flops any day! 

Anyway, I digress.  The point I was making is things have been hairy around these neck of the woods.  Getting five kids up and out the door every morning by 7:40 is no easy task....gives me a whole new appreciation for single moms......really don't know how they do it.  I guess they have jobs, which gives them adult interaction, which is a total must if you want to stay sane, ha!  But alas, my parents are coming to my rescue this week!!!  They should be on their way as I type (I should probably call and check to make sure!).  And when Clayton gets home we are flying to Steamboat to go skiing with our friends Melanie and L.E. minus kids!  I am so pumped!  This is going to be a much needed break for yours truly and I am sooooo looking forward to it.  Now, I may be dying when I get home considering I can't remember the last time I actually exercised and I'm going to attempt to ski for three days in a row, but it will all be worth it! 

Oh, and Valentines Day was a week ago (I'm so punctual) which is why I was writing this post.  It was just me and the kids as Daddy was away but we made sure to eat plenty of chocolate in his absence.  I didn't think you were suppossed to be alone on v-day after you got married, but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do, darn meeting cycle!  Clayton bought each of the kids a heart filled with assorted chocolates, not the little ones, the BIG ones.  They ate lots of chocolate, which is probably why I had such a hairy week last week.  Meme and Pop also sent each of them a chocolate marshmellow heart and some clothes.  Here are some pics of them digging in:






They ate chocolate all week and I cleaned chocolate all week.  That chocolate, it is messy.  Maybe next year I'll tell Clayton he needs to stick with conversation hearts, ha!  And that's pretty much all I can tell you we did last week.  All I know is I was ready to crash every night when I put them little boogers to bed!  I can tell you what I did not do last week and that is clean my house or do a single load of laundry.  Needless to say, the laundry piles are so huge in my laundry room they could aquire their own zip code and my house has seen its better day.  I did wash everybody's sheets upstairs and changed them on Saturday and cleaned all the upstairs bathrooms while Clayton was laid out in the bed with the funk.  But that's about it.  I've got A LOT to get accomplished today before Nana and Pa show up.  Although, they did live with me for 18 years and if they remember what my room looked like 90% of the time they wouldn't be very surprised if they walked in right now.  But that was then and this is now.  Is anybody else like that?  You were a total slob growing up but had a change of heart and try to keep things a little cleaner now that you're all grown up?  I don't know, maybe it's just me!

1 comment:

  1. Now I know why I dreamed about you last week..you must have been screaming out "help, someone please help me." Honestly..hope you get some relief soon. And I feel ya on the sinus pain...I am going on week #2!

    ReplyDelete