Friday, December 11, 2009

The Longest Post Ever: A Recap

Hello Blog! Oh how I've missed you.......

My computer came down with this nasty virus that scared the living daylights out of me and it all turned out to be a hoax! It kept telling me someone/thing was trying to steal my credit card information, yikes! I even called the bank and canceled my card and got issued another one and had to do without the swippy for 10 whole days. Back when I was in highschool this would not have been a problem. You basically wrote checks for everything. But nowadays, I mean people don't even take checks anymore, it's absurd! Anyway, Clayton lent me his for a while and my dear wonderful friends Chris and Meredith fixed my virus, thank you thank you and thank you some more.

See the thing is I'm kinda dependent on my computer. It's like my friend....sad, I know. My other BFF is my dog. Could I be anymore pathetic?

Anyway, here's a recap of our Thanksgiving holiday. Get ready, it's a long one.

William had a feast at school where they did a little skit, so cute, and all the families brought a dish and we feasted! The food was GOOD let me just tell ya! Here are the only pictures I got b/c I was busy chasing kids and trying to feed two girls in a stroller, not the easiest of tasks.



And Charlie had a feast as well. We all brought dishes but didn't get to eat. Only the kids did. Now, that's just wrong. Anyway, we had to bring the turkey and had some left over so I got a sandwich before we hit the road. Here's Charlie the Indian:
After the feast we loaded up and headed to my in-laws. We got there late late Friday. I even laid the kids down without a bath and I can count on one had and only use three fingers how many times I've ever done that in their lifetime. I believe in baths. You should take one a day. It makes everyone feel better including the people you come in contact with everyday.
On Saturday I got up at the crack of dawn, showered and headed to Oxford for the LSU game. I met Melanie and we headed up to Memphis for the Helen Brett show and did a little shopping and headed back to Oxford just in time for kick off. Clayton met me there. The game was awesome and we got to visit with some great friends. Man I miss Oxford! We ate at Volta which is kinda like Kalos and it did not disappoint. We got back late and crashed. Then on Sunday my mother-in-law cooked a big spread and we had Thanksgiving with the McCoys.
Then we loaded up bright and early Monday and headed to Dothan. I had not seen my parents in four months and my extended family in about six so that Dothan city limit sign was a sight for sore eyes to say the least! We enjoyed a wonderful Thanksgiving. All my cousins on my mom's side got together the night before Thanksgiving and we grilled and visited. It was something I hope we do at least once a year, just the cousins. My mom is from a family of six and they all had two children each and we've all had kids except three of us. So with spouses we are quite a crowd.

I have no pictures from Thanksgiving b/c I can never seem to bring my camera to important events. My cousin Deborah sent me this one. Here is how my girls took their afternoon nap. Can you say precious? This is my Grandmother, one of my favorite people on earth. She'll be 84 on Wednesday.


And we all know what I did on Friday.........shop you say? Well, actually, no. See there's this thing in Alabama called the IRON BOWL and it was played on Friday. I know myself well enough to know that I have no concept of time when it comes to shopping so I didn't even attempt to make a go of it. The game is THAT important. We all know we won and went on to beat Florida in the SEC championship and we're headed to the BCS title game in Pasadena. All I have to say is ROLL TIDE ROLL!

My kids, they don't have the appreciation of Alabama football yet. See, when I was a little girl when Alabama was playing football you watched it. There was no other choice. My kids are lucky their daddy loves me and let me watch the game while he watched kids outside. I took a turn during commercials and halftime. Here's how my kids watched the game:



Oh, wait! What's that?

Margaret Ann and William:



Mary Collins and Charlie:

We headed home Saturday morning and it took us 15 1/2 hours to get home. To say we were tired is the understatement of the year! My computer got infected the next day and that's why you're just hearing about our Thanksgiving.
I got us tickets to ride the North Pole Express last Friday night. It's supposed to be like the Polar Express and all the kids wear their pajamas. I must say it was kinda a let down. I was under the impression that we would stop and get off the train to go see Santa but I was wrong. Santa just walked through the train while we stopped and then we rode back to the depot. I think the kids were a little disappointed as well. They still said they loved it though.
It was a nice 23 degrees outside. We enjoyed corndogs and grilled cheeses and a musical show thingy before getting on the train. Here are some pics:

Margaret Ann: Can you tell she's sleepy? That eye is drrrooooppppy.

My man William:
Our family of seven:


Henry was the only one that would go up on stage and sing:


All five on the train:
Daddy, MC, and William:

Charlie, me, MA, and Henry:
The jolly man himself:

Our family of seven again getting off the train:


Okay....that's all I've got for now.
Since we've been home we've gotten our tree (we get a real one every year). It's a lovely tree, all ten and a half feet of it. It's more like 11 1/2 with the stand and all. It's so purty. It's nice and green....still........yes, I've had my tree for two weeks and it's still nice and green. And that's all it is. I am attempting to light her up after this post. Clayton has been busier than a one legged man in a butt kicking contest with work and he usually does the lights but I'm taking over this year. Maybe I'll get it done before Christmas. Pics to come after I'm finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment