Monday, September 13, 2010

School Days, School Days, Good Old Golden Rule Days

The boys have started back to school. They are liking their new school a lot and have made lots of new friends! I love how resilient kids are at this age! I thought it would be a big adjustment moving and starting a new school but the boys have done so great and they both say they really like their new school! Here are the two big boys on the first day of school:

William's first day of Kindergarten:

Charlie's first day of 1st grade:

Now, as for me, this new school business has been quite an adjustment. Instead of walking to school a block away I now drive and sit in the carpool line. Let me just tell you a secret: the carpool line stinks! It takes too much of my stretched too thin already time out of my day. You either get there early and wait a while or you get there on time and wait in line a while. It'd be different if I were alone and had a good book to read, etc. But me and three toddlers, not so much fun. Especially when my car registered 138 degrees on the first day of school in the pickup line. It was so hot I couldn't even breathe with the AC on....talk about misery. Today it was actually nicer outside, almost felt a little fall like....highs in the lower 90s.....now that's sad. That's Texas for you I guess.
As for Henry, he thinks he is just as big as the older boys. He begged for me to let him go to school this year. So I found him a program that's two days a week. After he went the first day I think he was rethinking his decision and decided staying at home with me wasn't so bad after all, ha! He's going into his second week and likes it now. Here's he is on his first day:

No comments:

Post a Comment